DraftMaster Sport Flite Bike Rack

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

• Mount and remove the SportFlite® from your trunk or hatch in just minutes.
  • Bikes mount individually and securely with a stable fork-mount system.
  • Store the SportFlite® in your car while you are on your ride or hang it on the wall when not being used.
  • Straps are included so you can carry your front wheels on the rack.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by R Leone a Weekend Warrior from Dallas, Texas

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2004

Strengths:    The only trunk rack on the market (that I know of) that sets the bikes in the same direction as a roof rack. Easy on/off and no-nonsense design.

Weaknesses:    Rear wheel strap not the best design, could use a wheel tray...not a big deal, though.

Bottom Line:
    I absolutely loved this rack up until a few days ago. It worked flawlessly for both my road and mountain bikes when I used it on my Honda Civic. I just got a new Accord and found the pads (that run longitudinally) put two little dents on the trunk! I didn't cinch down hard on the rack either, and I know how to set this thing up. So I guess the lesson is that this thing CAN damage your vehicle, depending on what you drive. I'm disappointed that I won't be using it any longer, I did like it. It would be cool if they designed it where the stress points are not on the edge of your trunk, but rather directed to the bumper like 99% of other trunk racks.

Purchased At:   From Manufacturer

Bike Setup:   road and mountain

Submitted by Akky a Cross Country Rider from New York

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2002

Strengths:    Like the fact that it is a fork mounted rear rack.

Weaknesses:    The bar where the wheel is supposed to go is too short, the rear wheel ends up resting on my spoiler.

Bottom Line:
    For those of us who are afraid of leaving a roof rack permanently attached for someone to steal, this is a good alternative. Perfect for hatchbacks.
    Great service from the company.

Purchased At:   Direct from Draftmaster

Similar Products Used:   Thule roof rack

Submitted by Richard Buscemi a Weekend Warrior from Buffalo

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2000

Strengths:    Simplicity & Price

Weaknesses:    Foam pads marked up my Lumina trunk.

Bottom Line:
    I really liked the fact that my bike sat parallel with the car. I didn't expect to pay as little as I did for this rack. However after a trip from Buffalo, New York to Ocean City, Maryland I noticed that there were marks left on my trunk lid of my Lumina. Granted, the Lumina is white. You can actually see creases where the foam pads were as well. I doubt that I will install this on my Mustang even though this was the car it was intended to go on.
    I would like to mention that the company itself is fantastic. I have also purchased there Tandem carriers and find them to be exceptional in quality.

Purchased At:   Direct from Draftmaster

Similar Products Used:   Nothing else on this car.

Bike Setup:   Mountain bike

Submitted by Julian a Weekend Warrior from Halliday

Date Reviewed: October 27, 1999

Strengths:
    An elegant design; easy to mount, extremely stable and robust; non-marking foam; looks cool; handles any type of frame (my GT poses a problem on some racks); mounts bikes in line with air flow, so probably doesn't make as much drag as a sideways mount.

Weaknesses:
    None that I've encountered so far.

Bottom Line:
    For carrying one or two bikes, this is a very good solution; the fork is held to the rack by a qr, and front wheel attaches beside the bike. No movement at all while driving, which is reassuring. In this orientation, the bike interferes only minimal with rearward vision. Far superior, in my view, to transverse mount designs, and much easier to deal with than a roof rack. Also, it's made by (evidently) a smallish outfit, and they are extremely attentive and helpful. Highly recommended.

Trails at Snowshow, WVa