Dakine Pick-Up Pad Bike Rack

Protect yourTailgate and your bike. Perfect for shuttle runs. Designed for use on pick upTrucks. Features Heavy duty vinyl with 3/4" foam padding 3 web cinch straps Access flap forTailgate handles Large 62" wide fits most full sized pick-ups Small 54" wide fits most mid sized pick-ups

Submitted by JR a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2015

Strengths:    Quick to use. Easy to strap in bikes. Microfiber backing.

Bottom Line:
Why the heck would anyone buy an expensive hitch rack for a truck kills me....

This is hands down the best bike accessory I have ever purchased.

I used to just lay my old bike inside of the bed of my truck and never had any problems. But when I got my brand new Santa Cruz... well, lets just say laying my new carbon bike down was no longer an option.

Coming from a surfing background I gravitated towards the Dakine truck pad immediately and I'm so glad I did. This pad is so easy to use. The straps hold the bikes down perfectly and the bikes stay in place even on the highway. If your going to be traveling off road however, it may be a good idea to run a strap jus in case.

Mine holds up to 7 bikes. The camo print looks so good against my green truck and everyone wants to know what it is for when my bike is not on it. The canvas on the outside is good quality and looks like its going to last a long time.

Overall I am beyond happy with my purchase.

Favorite Trail:   Markham Park