Cycle Vault Rack Systems Bike Rack

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Cycle Vault Rack Systems

Submitted by olsonsan a Weekend Warrior from Miami, Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2009

Strengths:    Full encapsulation, integrated corrosion inhibitor, awesome protection

Weaknesses:    haven't found any

Bottom Line:
I use CycleVault for my Street Glide. It is hands down the best cover I've ever had. I live close to the beach and my previous covers let some rust start on some chrome and wheels. This product is more like a garage, you put your whole bike inside. I don't have a rust probelm anymore and my bike always looks great. I also use it on my boat for scooters. I would recommend this product to anybody for great protection!

Purchased At:   cyclevault.com

Submitted by Richard a Weekend Warrior from Honolulu, HI, USA

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2006

Strengths:    It looks nice, smells nice, and completely encapsulates the bike with two full length zippers attaching the floor to the top cover.

Weaknesses:    I purchased this product to protect my new bike that is parked under an eve of my house and is exposed to occasional rain showers. Their product description claims "security and protection with complete encapsulation". After the first day of use I discovered water on the inside of the enclosed cover. After careful inspection, I discovered that the holes in the cover along all seams where the sewing needle punctured the synthetic material allowed daylight to shine through, and apparently also rain water. There were some other defects in the material the manufacturer said would be repairable with a patch they would send. The patch never arrived. I gave the cover away.

Bottom Line:
I would not recommend the Cycle Vault as a cover for daily use where it is exposed to the elements. I would only use this product inside an enclosed garage to keep the dust off the bike. I believe it's intended purpose is for storing vehicles for a long term. The customer service consisted of undelivered promises. The guarantee was not upheld. I would not purchase this product again. I am very dissatisfied.

Favorite Trail:   Tantalus Drive, Honolulu, HI

Purchased At:   Cycle Vault

Similar Products Used:   I replaced the Cycle Vault with a Guardian, by Dowco, cover. This product is waterproof, offers sun protection, and is easy to install.

Bike Setup:   2006 Triumph Speed Triple unmodified.

Submitted by Mike Johnson a weekend warrior from San Diego

Date Reviewed: January 12, 1998

Bottom Line:

Over the past few years I have been searching for a rack for my truck, that I would be happy with. I
tried the Yakima and Thule fork mount blocks, but I got sick and tired of my $2,000 bikes bouncing
into each other when I went off road . I also became very anoyed with getting my hands muddy
because of removing the front wheel, and my wife has trouble removing the front wheel, so I got
stuck with the job of doing both bikes. Finally, about a year ago I found the perfect rack called
Cycle Vault. This rack is by far the best rack I have ever seen. It takes me approx. 15 seconds to
load or unload my rack, and approx. 10 seconds to load each bike, without removing the front
wheel. The rack is held into the bed of a truck with one bolt, which has a locking box over it, and
the bikes are secured by the crank arm, which also have a locking mechanism. The rack will even
carry my sons beach cruiser and bmx bike. Now I am happy, no more muddy hands or front wheel
removal, and no more worrying about my bikes in the parking lot when we go in a resturant to eat
after a day of riding. So if you are tired of your cheap thin metal racks like I was, then check out
Cycle Vault.