1upUSA Aluminum Quik-Rack Bicycle Hitch Carrier Bike Rack

4.84/5 (148 Reviews)

The New All-Aluminum Bike Rack/Carrier from 1up USA. The fastest hitch-mounting and bike loading rack ever. Carry 1,2 or 3 bikes. Holds bikes by tires only. Made entirely in the USA!

1up USA Bike Rack Pro Review

1Up USA is famous for their bike trainers so we were excited at the opportunity to try their bike racks. At first glance, it looks like a science project as the whole unit looks CNC’d and the bike retention mechanism looks unlike any we’ve seen before. But as we used it extensively, we learned about the logic behind the design. This is a unit of the highest quality and it folds up in to such a small package when shipped or stored. It can get work with one tray or be expanded like a Lego system in to a versatile multi-bike rack. Continue reading →

Submitted by duncanish a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2016

Strengths:    very strong, well-made, anodized aluminum that won't wear. I have hit unexpected washes in southern Utah at 40 miles an hour jumping my truck with no apparent damage to bike rack or whatever. It's solid it doesn't wiggle in the receiver. I'm very impressed it's also super light weight so everybody in the family can pull the darn thing off if needed

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
Buy it, all the other stuff is crap in comparison.

Similar Products Used:   lots of its competitors

Submitted by Yagnabat a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2016

Strengths:    Great design, looks a bit industrial tho but very functional and stable even when driven offroad. Easy to load and unload bikes of any size, can carry up to 4 bikes.

Weaknesses:    Getting in the vehicle's cargo area or opening truck's tailgate is a challenge, when loaded with 4 bikes. The release mechanism to tilt the rack down is hard to reach then it becomes very awkward and difficult to release, need at least 2 guys to tilt it down. I hope that 1upUSA will redesign it with a release handle at the rear of the rack, similar to that of the Thule T2 Pro.

Bottom Line:
Overall it's a great bike rack, hopefully no one hurts their back when tilting a full rack.

Favorite Trail:   Every trail in Moab

Similar Products Used:   Thule T2 Pro

Bike Setup:   MTB Shredder

Submitted by JC a Racer

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2016

Strengths:    Lightweight, easy to install/remove, Folds up when not in use while on car, and tilts downward to open rear hatch

Bottom Line:
Hands down this is the best rack out there. While some might consider the price a bit steep it isn't when you think of how expensive the bikes are that are sitting in the rack. At my wife's triathlon this past weekend I had people gawking and literally filming me so they could show others how easy it is to load the bikes. It is light enough for my wife to carry and install. I had 3 bikes on the back and was cruising 85-90mph the entire way and they were locked in tight. I am confident this is the last rack I will ever own. If you are even considering a new rack spend the $ and get this one.

Submitted by thegweed a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2016

Strengths:    Design, ease of use, trustworthiness

Bottom Line:
I just used this 1UpUSA Quik Rack for the first time today, doing a 450 mile round tripper up the state to do some riding. I put it in the hitch at 5am, in the dark and loaded my bike using a flashlight. After installing it in the receiver I tightened it up snug, but didn't totally torque it; the rack didn't need any extra tightening for the whole trip. I actually forgot to put the velcro strap on, but no matter. My bike was perfectly fine too, no need to retighten the arms holding the wheels.

I bought a padlock with a long hasp to pass thru where you tighten the bolt into the receiver, just in case someone was at the trails with one of the special hex keys.

I never had even a hitch on my Subaru Outback because my 29er fit in the back without even taking off a wheel, but I was tired of shoving my bike in there and leaving the seats down all the time. My wife gave the go ahead for a hitch and because I'M frugal I was going to buy one of the 150-200 dollar tray racks where the arm comes down on the frame of the bike. However, I just couldn't get past all the great reviews of the 1Up, so I decided to shop around and see some of the other "expensive" racks; they just didn't look as good of quality as the pictures I saw of the 1Up, plus they had plastic bits and most were even more expensive. So, I decided to get the silver 1Up because it was 299 but then the black looked so much better to me and I went for it. I am so glad I did, this thing is awesome looking, awesome working, and just darn makes me happy.

After only 1 use I would say it is well worth the money...I feel like I got a bargain actually.

Submitted by Huffman a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2016

Strengths:    Made in the USA! Quick loading & unloading. Stores out of the way allowing me to open the tailgate on my Santa Fe when using the single rack. Doesn't damage the frame or wear the paint. Doesn't care what shape your bike is.

Weaknesses:    Security when connecting a rack add on could be stronger. A pair of channel locks can remove the bolt and you are out $200.

Bottom Line:
I've had my mountain & road bikes on the rack at 80 mph and they are rock steady.The extra height really helps when going in & out of parking garages with steep uphill ramps at the entrance, this is the main reason I bought it. Got tired of cringing when $800 wheels drug the ground. The extra height also keeps it away from the exhaust gasses. That may not seem like much until you have a tire explode going down the interstate because the wheel was a bit too close to the exhaust pipe. Reasonable weight, doesn't take up a lot of room when storing. When using a single rack it's really secure when you add the hitch bar lock. Really nice that you can get multiple locks that are keyed alike. With all the racks I've bought over the years, this is hands down the best, fastest, most functional rack I've ever owned. Yep, it's pricey & requires you invest in a hitch if you don't have one. But when you have $8,000 worth of bikes on the back it's not that much and very secure. It will also be the last rack you'll ever purchase. Get one, you won't regret it.

Favorite Trail:   Bent Creek

Purchased At:   1 UP direct

Similar Products Used:   Saris (Bones & hitch), Thule (roof & hitch), Hollywood (hitch)

Bike Setup:   Niner Jet 9 with American Classic Wide Lightnings, Hope hubs, Shimano drivetrain & brakes.

Submitted by William a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2016

Strengths:    Solid metal all the way around.. no plastic that will crack or dry rot. So durable.. I got rear-ended by a car and the rack took all the damage and no damage was done to my jeep.. the car on the other hand had its hood peeled by 18 inches. The rack was usable.. it was just a little bent.

Bottom Line:
I know its a little on the pricey side.. but I believe its the last bike rack I will ever have to buy. It was well worth it.

Bike Setup:   Trek X Caliber 9

Submitted by Larry a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2016

Strengths:    Aluminum will never rust. Solid, with nice highlighted blue tabs. I got the black version. Easy to operate and get bikes on and off in no time. No touch on the frame, only the tires. Nice locking system into the receiver. The rack looks like it is supposed to be expensive, not just a flimsy piece of construction using painted metal that costs way more than it looks. I bought the single with a rack add-on. Using mainly in the single version with fatty conversion so I can carry anything. Easy to add on when I’m carrying two bikes. Fits my fatty with 4.8 tires and 29er easily.
Really like how this tucks away towards the bumper on my Subaru. Does not impede the hatch from opening when in folded up position. Looks like it belongs with the vehicle.
When I ordered this, they sent it out the next day and I got it in three days by courier. Free delivery as well beyond $525

Bottom Line:
This is the one to go with . . you will not be disappointed!

Submitted by John Klauck a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2016

Strengths:    Extremely High Quality. Easy to install, remove, and operate. Very solid. All Aluminum construction. Great price. Love it.

Weaknesses:    An accessory light kit would be nice.

Bottom Line:
Finally a product that truly delivers! The quality, and workmanship, is second to none. Fit and finish is perfect. Rack comes fully assembled, short of the ratchet arms, and is ready to rock straight out of the box. Even the packaging is extremely high quality. There is no need to look at other racks. This one is the best of the best. This American made product can be rivaled by none. The quality, pride, and craftsmanship is blatantly obvious the minute it's dropped off at your door. Don't hesitate. Get this rack.

Favorite Trail:   Cuyuna

Duration Product Used:   As much as possible

Purchased At:   All bike for Angry C

Similar Products Used:   Thule, Yakima, Sarris. All inferior products.

Bike Setup:   Mukluk and Bear Grease Fat Bikes, Chili ConCrosso, Madone

Submitted by Dennis a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2016

Strengths:    Clean, compact, easy to use, easy to secure, folds up close to car, well made, no plastic.

Weaknesses:    Expensive, but worth it

Bottom Line:
Very happy with purchase, expect many years of use

Duration Product Used:   3 mos

Purchased At:   1up usa

Submitted by chris a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2016

Strengths:    Awesome, awesome, awesome. Looks great. Lightweight. when folded up in vertical position...it looks great on back of Jeep. Made in the USA. Good price. Upgradeable to two- three bikes. did I say it was awesome?

Weaknesses:    No cookies came in the box.

Bottom Line:
Look at strengths

Favorite Trail:   Woodstock, GA

Purchased At:   direct

Similar Products Used:   Saris Betty or something like that.

Bike Setup:   29'er Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp

Submitted by Dr Don a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2015

Strengths:    Solid, strong, functional, light, compact, made in USA

Weaknesses:    Expensive?

Bottom Line:
Periodically people will approach me and ask about this rack. I've owned it for over five years. The manufacturer replaced the last generation guide bars secondary to slight slippage. He was willing to pay for shipping the entire rack back which I declined. I know of at least three others that has purchased this rack after seeing mine. I have driven as far as to Az from Ky through snow and rain without issue. I ride year round and have to remind myself to wash off the salt and brine. All alloy so no rust. All alloy so no development of brittle plastic. An added bonus is that my carbon wheels are positioned over the exhaust. After having the rack for so long and with no structural deterioration with frequent use I cant honestly say that this rack is over priced.

Submitted by Ernest S. a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2015

Strengths:    • Fenomenal Bike Rack Quality - Piece of Art
• Comes in not too big of a box 99% assembled
• It takes literally a few minutes to mount it to your car hitch
• No noises or squeaking from bike rack during the drive
• Holds the bikes from they tires very strongly
• It takes no more than 10 sec to secure the bike on the rack or to remove it, just like advertised
• The Rack locks on the car hitch with a special key that you only can get from 1Up USA, so it's almost impossible to steal the rack from the vehicle
• I can open my SUV (2013 Infiniti FX37) trunk even when the rack is completely folded up, so I almost never really need to remove the rack from the hitch.
• When it's completely folded it sticks out maybe by 6-8 inches
• Lifetime Warranty
• 100% Made in USA
• Easy Returns
• Great Customer Service - My 1st package got lost. So after 1Up USA received a confirmation FedEx that the package was lost, 1Up USA sent me the rack the 2nd time OVERNIGHT.

Weaknesses:    • A bit expensive. Especially that I got the black one which was $609. But at least it's all quality made in USA
• Doesn't come with any security for the bikes, but you can purchase it separately.
• A bit heavy 52 lbs

Bottom Line:
I used to own an Allen Sports Deluxe Four Bikes rack which was only $100 when I rode on my Alloy bike and I didn't like it much cause it was constantly banging and scratching my bike. With 1Up USA Double Bicycle Quik Rack (Black) it's was a complete game changer.
I was very skeptic about spending $609 on a 2 bikes rack, but after I received the rack I understood that it was a very good investment.

Favorite Trail:   Demonstration Forest, Los Gatos, CA

Purchased At:   1UpUSA.com

Similar Products Used:   Allen Sports Deluxe Four Bikes

Submitted by Mark Shepheard a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2015

Strengths:    -Aluminum and very solid construction made in the USA!
-Rock solid when installed in the hitch receiver... does not move.
-Proprietary locking mechanism means it is safe on the vehicle.
-Very fast and easy to mount to the hitch and even faster to load and unload a bike... about 10 seconds!
-Bikes are secured by the tires and not the frame.
-Folds up and can be stored easily on a garage wall or in the trunk/hatch of your vehicle.
-Can easily be swapped between different vehicles.
-Incredible customer service!

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
I have had the 1 1/4" Quick Rack plus and add-on for over a year and a half. I have taken it on many road trips and have never had a single problem. The rack will fold away from the vehicle with bikes on to allow easy access to a rear hatch and will fold up vertically for travel with no bikes loaded. With no integrated bike lock I use a long cable lock to lock the bikes to the rack when I am away from the car. I have hauled my son's 24" bike up to 29'ers without a problem and they have an adapter kit for fat bikes if needed.

It really is a fantastic piece of kit!