Home | Reviews | Bags | Topeak

Topeak Micro Wedge Pack Bags

The Topeak Aero Wedge Pack Micro w/ Velcro possesses a unique aerodynamic design. It's shape allows the Aero Wedge Pack Micro to easily slip through wind resistance while internal pockets compartmentalize your tools, tubes, and other items. This unit also

Submitted by Sean

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2013

Strengths:    Interchangeable clip system allows quick swaps between bikes in seconds. Great customer service.

Weaknesses:    Overloading and heavy use can cause failures.

Bottom Line:
I have had topeaks rack system and an assortment of these bags. I initially overloaded one of the wedges with waaaaay too many tools and stuff and blew out the seams. I then switched to the small style wedge. I have been using this system for about 5 years with no issues until this week. I noticed that I had worn out the track on the quick release and I was cracked. I sent them a detailed email and they gladly sent me two new bags!! No questions asked!

I am hard on my gear. The durability of my last bag impressed me. The warranty replacements were a HUGE testament to their service. I have added a Velcro strap this time I should be good for 10 years now.

Submitted by SierraRider a Weekend Warrior from Fresno, CA USA

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2012

Strengths:    hold stuff until a strap comes loose

Weaknesses:    straps tear off

Bottom Line:
Garbage, IMO...but what really turned me off was how their "customer service" handled it. The seat-post strap tore loose after about 10-20 normal trail rides. When I looked them up and sent an email, I was told the warranty policy is "2 years with receipt". Well, I don't have the receipt, and I think it's more than 2 years old (was on the shelf for a good while as I thought it was too small). Anyway, I just expected a bit more help when someone, in good faith, takes the time to write them about something like this.

Purchased At:   REI I think

Similar Products Used:   you name it

Bike Setup:   hard tail

Submitted by robriw3 a Racer from Nashville, TN

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2010

Strengths:    It's black and looks good.

Weaknesses:    Clip doesn't stay clipped. Weak seams at stitching. Velcro not attached to pack well.

Bottom Line:
I have three of these, one clip per bike using just one pack.
First one came off on Cohutta 100, but luckily was returned by race director.
Second event the stitching broke open loosing several tools and my wedding ring.
Third event was on Firecracker 50. The clip un-clipped and at the end of the race just the velcro was wrapped around my seatpost. Lost a cell phone, multiple tools, cash, and tube.
It just doesn't work. Maybe for road biking or smooth surfaces, but I won't use this brand again after so many losses and repeat failures. For serious off-roading look elsewhere.

Favorite Trail:   Any dry one.

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale, Pedros, Nashbar, Specialized, etc.

Bike Setup:   Epic comp

Submitted by robriw a Racer from Nashville, TN

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2010

Strengths:    Quick On/Off. Fits under most saddles very well. Low price.

Weaknesses:    Mostly the clip system - it just doesn't work. Do NOT pack snuggly or with odd shaped items as the stitching will fail. Zipper tends to creep up if not pulled down tight. Zelcro alone will not hold pack to seatpost if it comes loose.

Bottom Line:
I bounced off the first one on the Cohutta 100 - finished the race without it - luckily it was mailed back to me with my cell phone, wedding ring, and many tools by the race director.
The second failure was at Montgomery Bell where the zipper crept up allowing enough of an opening to loose my wedding ring, and several tools.
The third loss was the Firecracker 50 on a big rough downhill. At the finishline I just had the velcro strap still attached to the seatpost, but no bag, no cell phone, and lots of lost tools.
The final straw was when the stitching seperated allowing tools to fall through. A piece of duct tape got me to the end of the ride.
It just isn't made for rough use. It may work on a town bike or road bike, but that is it. I don't use this brand anymore - it's just cost me too much money in losses.

Favorite Trail:   Any dry one

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Multiple - Cannondale, Pedros, Nashbar, Specialized, etc.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic

Submitted by ryschult1 a Racer from Grand Junction Colorado

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2010

Strengths:    Size, weight, durability, shape, design

Weaknesses:    None really

Bottom Line:
This little bag is sweet! The guys at Topeak designed a great small race saddle bag. This fits just the essentials for when you are trying to keep the weight down. I can get a tube, Co2, Inflator, and lever in the bag. The material also seems to be much tougher then previous saddle bags I've owned. What I like best about the bag is the way it wraps around the seat post. It sits a little lower and wraps tight to frame so the velcro doesn't pull on your shorts causing holes. If you are a racer or just want to keep the weight low, this is the perfect bag.

Favorite Trail:   Pre-nup to Gunny Loop

Purchased At:   Comotion Sports

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, Pedro's, Specialized

Bike Setup:   Yeti ASR-5C
Specialized Roubaix S-Works

Submitted by Mark a Cross Country Rider from Scotland

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2007

Strengths:    Small size, clips on and off quickly.

Weaknesses:    Small size maybe

Bottom Line:
Mainly purchased it because of it's small size and SDG seat clamping compatability, fits onto SDG saddles without fitting the quick release mount. Discreet size but can still hold an inner tube, some tyre (or tire!) levers, a multitool, patches and some change, the absolute essentials basically. Some people might prefer a bigger bag but this one is the right size just to leave on your bike all the time. Made of tough, water resistant material.