Hybrid Backpack HybridBackpack Bags

HybridBackpack was design so that your Backpack, Laptop Bag, Shoulder Bag or a Small Briefcase can be attached to it. The attached unit is then place on a bicycle rack (sold separately). It comes with straps to keep your bags from falling off the rack.

Submitted by bobbisighncommuter a Weekend Warrior from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2011

Strengths:    It allowed me to take my own backpack when I go trail riding on weekends. Then when I commute to work during the weekdays I can take my laptop/shoulder bag. Also, it can carry big items such as a case of beer. See my Channel on Youtube for my video reviews. Because of its ease of use I can decide to ride with my backpack or laptop/shoulder back on my back or put it on hybrid backpack.
The product does have a big triangle reflector at the back for safety.

Weaknesses:    It only came in black. My bike is orange and I wish it came in that color. It doesn't come with a cable lock so I can lock it to my bike rack. You can purchase the lock on their website.

Bottom Line:
I would recommend this product to anyone who just wants to use it to take their existing backpacks or shoulder bag or any items. It's easy to use once it's on the bike.
For touring, it's probably not a good item because you can't put a pannier on the rack when hybrid backpack is on there. But I guess it's suppose to be an alternative to a pannier.

Purchased At:   hybrid backpack webs

Similar Products Used:   I couldn't find anything similar to it except for bungee cords. I put videos of myself using hybrid backpack and bungee cords and the result is very surprising.

Bike Setup:   Orange Trek 4300 with a Planet Bike rack. I have kickstand on the back axle. The kickstand is a beast when I bought it.