Home | Reviews | Bags | Fizik

Fizik Saddle Pak Bags

1.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Fizik makes our best selling saddles -- the Aliante and the Arione. It makes perfect sense, of course, that they'd show the same artistry and the same balance of style and function in designing a saddle bag. Fizik's bags have sleek, rounded lines that flow flawlessly into the bottom of their saddles. They're water resistant all the way down to the zipper, they offer nice reflectivity, and they have a tight taillight-holding strap that won't let your taillight droop once you clip it on. One neat detail is that the bag is silver on the inside so you can actually see what's inside your bag.The Fizik bag is available in two sizes -- we consider them Small and Medium. The Small version is 13 x 6 x 6cm, and the Medium is 15 x 9 x 8cm. Both can fit your bare essentials -- tube, a tire lever, one CO2 and a CO2 head. The Medium one has the advantage, though, of having room for a small multi-tool or a set of keys.

Submitted by NuMexJoe a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2012

Strengths:    Looks nice, and the size is perfect for my needs. Decent zipper, and a strap for your blinky.

Weaknesses:    Fabric is not terribly abrasion-resistant and the strap that loops around the seatpost is too long for a 27.2mm post. It alos tore loose after less than a season's use.

Bottom Line:
I've got the conventional strap version as opposed to the plastic clip version, but it is otherwise the same. Got it on sale really cheap; if I'd have paid full retail I'd have contacted Fizik when it failed, and if past experience is any indication, they'd have done me right. But this bag is just not at all robust. It might do for a roadie, but MTBing is gonna destroy it in short order.

Bike Setup:   HT SS

Submitted by fyberoptik

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2012

Strengths:    Size. Can fit a 40g propane cartridge, inflator, multi-tool, levers and tube. I like the tabs to help you hold the bag while you operate the zipper. And there's a place to attach a tail light.

Weaknesses:    I have the version with velcro straps. The straps are really weak. The seatpost strap broke in 2 rides, and then the ones that loop over the seat rails came off a few months after that. The fabric is not abrasion resistant so after a week there was a hole where the seatpost touched the bag. Luckily there was a piece of plastic beneath the cloth that held up fine so my kit didn't fall out.

Bottom Line:
I purchased the bag after I lost my 2nd propane/CO2 canister, thinking this would be the more secure method of holding my repair kit. You actually just end up losing your entire kit when it falls off, so maybe it's better to just secure everything to the frame with cable ties or electrical tape. I ended up replacing it with a $5 bargain bin bag that I will be securing with cable ties.

Purchased At:   Rock N Road Cyclery

Submitted by finch2 a Cross Country Rider from Brisbane

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2009

Strengths:    looks good and easy to remove

Weaknesses:    wobbles like crazy then breaks

Bottom Line:
After 600km it finallly snapped off. Like the other review, the plastic clip that attaches directly to the bag failed. The bag wobbles so much over bumps I'm not that surprised to see it fail. Pity, as it is a good idea badly executed. They just need to include a velcro strap to secure the front end from too much movement. I certainly won't buy another one.

Favorite Trail:   Brisbane forest park

Purchased At:   CRC

Similar Products Used:   serefas

Bike Setup:   xc hardtail

Submitted by Nonya2573 a Cross Country Rider from Buffalo, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2009

Strengths:    Looks cool, uses intergrated ICS on saddles

Weaknesses:    Plastic clip breaks frequently, I have broken two already and there is not going to be a third, uses to store multi-tool, spare tube, a couple of tire irons and patch kit (not excesssive weight) but cheap plastic is fragile, first time it broke off, I thought I was sunk as I had my car key in there as well but a nice fellow mtn biker picked it up and returned it to me. Second time I was smart enough to secure it with a safety strap.

Bottom Line:
There will not be a third time....

Favorite Trail:   Sprague Brooke