Home | Reviews | Bags | Chrome

Chrome Citadel Laptop Bags

The Citadel is Chrome's largest weatherproof, dual compartment laptop backpack. It's designed for weekendTravels and urban cargo missions, and is guaranteed for life. Large zip around opening for easy accessTo laptop, file folders and other workTools. Fits upTo 17” Mac Book Pro laptopWaterproof rolltop main chamber accommodates a range of load sizesLarge weatherproof external pockets with Velcro closureZippered externalTravel document pocketDaisy chain mounting loops for attaching carabineer cl

Submitted by KB

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2015

Strengths:    It's black

Bottom Line:
EDIT: I had a fairly serious problem with the product that had originally caused me to rate the product with 1 star. However the company responded with much more gusto than I expected after a bit of prodding. I am changing my review to 5 stars based on their response.

The poor quality stitching in the handle came undone after 2 weeks of light use, there was only 10-15 lbs in there, but unfortunately for me part of that weight was a 5-day old laptop. The fall broke my laptop (the "padded" compartment is not padded on the bottom). I have been dealing with Chrome "customer service" for about a month now to return the product. At first we were told we would be refunded, then told no- that they would only repair the backpack, they're not even doing that. No one returns calls (even when they promise to) and they had us fill out a claim twice, after "losing" the first one, and after filling out the second one there has still been no response. I have worked in customer service for 15 years and never been treated this way, nor treated any of my customers this way- it's absolutely disgusting. As for brand-recognition, Chrome used to be made in the US, this bag is made in China- so poorer quality and even worse customer service. Of course even a repair is unacceptable at this point, I want my money back so I can buy something that is actually worth $200 and is made by a trustworthy company.